Romantic Getaways: Where to Go and How to Pack
Whether you’re organizing a honeymoon or a simple getaway with your partner, it’s common to want a romantic vacation right about now. Luckily, there are tons of romantic destinations both domestic and around the world that you and your loved one will enjoy, no matter your tastes! Keep reading for a few of the best romantic destinations from around the world for you to explore together.
The Portuguese Azores
The Azores are an archipelago in the middle of the Atlantic that is characterized by dramatic landscapes, small fishing villages, gorgeous bunches of tropical flowers, and lush green pastures. There are plenty of nooks and crannies to explore, so if you ever wanted to cave dive on a cave beach in Portugal, this is the place to go! Consider the Azores a European destination that’s actually more similar to the Caribbean.
Big Sur, California
Perfect for those that are limited to travel within the United States, the Big Sur region in California is a stunning landscape that just will make your eyes water with its beauty. These stunning beach views, paired with nearby wineries and spa hotels make for a great romantic getaway for those looking for dramatic beauty with a side of relaxation.
Amalfi Coast, Italy
There’s nothing more romantic than a candlelight dinner in an Italian restaurant by the coast. Why not bring this vision to life? The Almafi Coast is a gem located in Italy’s Campania region and it boasts colorful buildings, beautiful beaches, quaint trattorias and pizzerias, and picture-perfect landscapes. If Italy is on your bucket list, make sure not to miss this stunning location.
Located about 500 miles southwest of Sri Lanka, the Maldives are the perfect resort location for those looking to unplug and take some time away from the hustle and bustle. Most vacationers head to the Maldives for all-inclusive resorts, where they can simply be together and not have to worry about anything else. These opulent resorts anything you could ever want or need with hammocks, beach chairs, good food, and bottomless champagne.
Iceland is a budding destination for tourism, as its landscapes are something you have only imagined in your fantasy novels and books. It doesn’t matter if you aren’t a big outdoorsy person, Iceland will sure change your perspective on going on vacations to be one with nature. You’ll be able to cozy up with your loved one in the famous Blue Lagoon spa waters, under a waterfall or two, and on the stunning black sand beaches that you’ll find dotted across the landscape.
How to Pack
Now that you’ve decided on a location for your romantic getaway, it’s important to take your time prepping your suitcase so you don’t forget anything on the trip of your lifetime! When packing, make sure to include these items for a perfect vacation full of romance:
- A camera and an underwater camera to capture those fun swims and seascape explorations.
- A scent that your partner loves on you and that makes you feel confident. A scented perfume or body lotion can be a very powerful aphrodisiac.
- Some lingerie that you feel comfortable and sexy in. This might be the occasion to treat yourself to some new bras and panties for the trip. Soma bras and matching underwear sets have softness and contour cups that will have you feeling sexy wherever you are in the world, and so does their gorgeous sleepwear. You can order bras online beforehand — with free shipping to any U.S. address and a generous welcome offer you’re really taking no risks. Visit soma.com to learn more about getting a classic t-shirt bra, an underwire bra for more support, or a comfy bralette to take with you.
- Massage oil to pamper each other with.
- A plush cotton or microfiber robe. You’ll surely want to stay comfy when you’re not being active on your getaway!
Consider these suggestions and soon you be jet setting away on a romantic getaway for the record books!